Dr. Ravinder Tikoo, MD Neurology
Dr. Ravinder Tikoo is a board certified neurologist. After graduating with honors with a BS in Chemistry and Biochemistry from the University of Iowa, he continued his education there and received his medical degree in 1991. He completed an internship in general medicine at Northwestern University Medical Center, followed by a residency in neurology at the New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Tikoo then completed a fellowship in neurology, also at Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Tikoo’s clinical interests include pain management and mood disorders, weight management in neurodegenerative disorders, IT in medical practice, and neuro-oncology. Dr. Tikoo has co-authored various medical papers, which are listed below.
- Casaccia-Bonnefil P, Tikoo R, Kiyokawa H, Friedrich V Jr, Chao MV, Koff A, “Oligodendrocyte precursor differentiation is perturbed in the absence of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1,” Genes Dev, 11(18):2335-46, 1997.
- Kuljis RO, Tikoo RK, “Discontinuous distribution of senile plaques within striate cortex hypercolumns in Alzheimer’s disease,” Vision Res, 37(24):3573-91, 1997.
- Selesnick SH, Victor JD, Tikoo RK, Eisenman DJ, “Predictive Value of Intraoperative Brainstem Auditory Evoked Responses in Surgery for Conductive Hearing Losses,” American Journal of Otology, 18(1):2-9, 1997.
- Tikoo RK, Jones WB, “Neurologic Injury” In Complications in Gynecologic Surgery: Prevention, Recognition, and Management, Orr JW, Shingleton HM (eds.), J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1994.
- Tikoo R, Casaccia-Bonnefil P, Chao MV, Koff A, “Changes in cyclin-dependent kinase 2 and p27kip1 accompany glial cell differentiation of central glia-4 cells,” J Biol Chem 1997; 272(1):442-7
- Tikoo R, Osterhout DJ, Casaccia-Bonnefil P, Seth P, Koff A, Chao MV, “Ectopic expression of p27Kip1 in oligodendrocyte progenitor cells results in cell-cycle growth arrest,” J Neurobiol, 36(3):431-40, 1998.
- Tikoo R, Zanazzi G, Shiffman D, Salzer D, Chao MV, “Cell Cycle Control of Schwann Cell Proliferation: Role of Cyclin-Dependent Kinase-2,” J. Neurosci, 20(12), June 15, 2000.
- Tikoo R, Kupersmith M, Finlay J, “Treatment of Refractory Neurosarcoidosis with 2-Chlorodeoxyadenosine,” New England Jour of Med, April 2004.
- Tourtellotte WG, Van Hoesen GW, Hyman BT, Tikoo RK, Damasio AR, “Alz-50 Immunoreactivity in the thalamic reticular nucleus in Alzheimer’s Disease,” Brain Research, 515:227-34, 1989.